Monday, December 2, 2013

Dressember the 2nd

Dressember 2nd
 
Here's Dress number 2!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you know that experts estimate that at least 27 million people are held in some form of modern-day slavery today?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
And on the second day of Dressember, I got some VERY exciting news!! I have a sponsor!!!
 
 
She has committed to giving 25 cents to Campaign1:17 for IJM for every dress that I wear. :^) [She was particular about me proving to her that I was really wearing a dress every day; even asked me to come by her house every day so she could see my dresses]
 
 
 
Meet Hope. She is 5 years old. She is my First Sponsor!

 
But that wasn't all that Hope had to share with me today. She decided to take the challenge too! She's wearing a dress everyday of December to raise awareness for modern-day slavery!
 
 
BUT WAIT, There's more!
 
Meet Sara. She's 7. And she's A-Dress-ing social justice.
Look at her cute dress for Dressember 2nd! She also decided to sponsor me this month!!

 
-------
So, you may be thinking, what could a 5 year old and a 7 year old do to change the world? They don't have to change the world - God will do that. All they have to do is reach out to the person God places in front of them. Maybe that person is you.
-------
 
Maybe they wont change the world for every person. But they could make a world of change for one person.
 
 
 
Wanna join the fun??
 
 

-Standing with those who stand alone-
Kerry
 
 
-------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hullo there!

Have you got something to say? A suggestion, a compliment or a word of encouragment? Perhaps a quibble, a disagreement, or a perticular annoyance?

Your in luck! You've found the place for such things, just below this message!

Just please remember to be respectful and know that I really enjoy hearing from you!

Have a great day!

- Kerry