Thursday, January 30, 2014

DIY Upcycle That Old Cork Board... Before it ends up in the trash...

I'm purposing to post to the blog once a week this year. I'm already behind a couple so I'm going to try and catch up and then grace you with a new lovely every Wednesday. :^) We'll see how that goes! 

Last month, I took a day and updated an old cork board for my studio. It was one that I pulled out of a trash can! Everything has potential. :^) 


Here it is before.


This board had lots of use in it's first life. It just needs some sprucing up!


Paint is the first order of business. 


Then some pretty silk fabric. I cut it to size and then hot glued the edges all the way around. 


Love my little glue gun. :^) This is a close up of the ribbon I added to hide the rough edges of the silk and it makes a smashing boarder.


And it's done! 


I put it to use right away. 


It really added some class to my little studio/office. 

Thanks for reading! Have a great day!
-Kerry-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hullo there!

Have you got something to say? A suggestion, a compliment or a word of encouragment? Perhaps a quibble, a disagreement, or a perticular annoyance?

Your in luck! You've found the place for such things, just below this message!

Just please remember to be respectful and know that I really enjoy hearing from you!

Have a great day!

- Kerry