Monday, January 6, 2014

Every Girl Loves Pink? Lace Girls Gown - Patchwork Curtains

I'm hoping to give you updates on what's going on in the studio once a week. Does that interest anyone?

We got about 8-9 inches of snow yesterday!! So we are enjoying another day snowed in!! :^) 

Last week I made this fun little girls gown. Pink silky fabric with a lace overlay. It was so much fun to make! Most little girls love pink, it's NOT my cup of tea, but it should be adorable on any little girl.  


The fabric flowers on the back are attached to the streamers which are detachable with hook and eyes to allow you to zip the zipper up and down. 


These flowers where fun to make and completely stitched by hand. They turned out lovely and better than I'd hoped!


What are you making? 


I've been commissioned to make some curtains and just began cutting them out today. 


I like using these fiskars rotary cutters, but it seems like I always manage to nick a spot or two on the blade, so every cut must be done twice so I can get a clean cut. It still is easier cutting when I am making lots of the same size shapes with my plastic-ruler-measurer-cutter-dealy-bobber. 



I'll let you know how these curtains progress. :^) 

But now, I'm going to go crochet with my Mom while she spins and watch the Walton's!

Have a pleasant, snowed in day!

-Kerry-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hullo there!

Have you got something to say? A suggestion, a compliment or a word of encouragment? Perhaps a quibble, a disagreement, or a perticular annoyance?

Your in luck! You've found the place for such things, just below this message!

Just please remember to be respectful and know that I really enjoy hearing from you!

Have a great day!

- Kerry